Do you have a multi-channel presence or is your business focused mostly on Amazon sales? Many businesses fear that having all their eggs in the Amazon basket could put their overall business at risk in the future. With Amazon’s growing demands (including higher fees and Amazon Ads costs) and margins becoming tighter (due to supply chain issues, increased costs, etc.), many businesses are concerned about the longevity of their relationship with Amazon. As a result, businesses are beginning to put their energy into other online selling platforms and their own direct-to-consumer website. This Virtual Roundtable topic will be about reducing your dependency on Amazon by diversifying your online sales.
We’ll be using these guiding questions to share information and best practices:
1) Have you seen a shift in sales mix between your brick-and-mortar store and online sales?
2) Are you selling via your own D2C site and is this a core focus for you? Why or why not?
3) Do you have a cap on the sales you want to achieve on Amazon or is this something you have considered?
4) Do you invest in external marketing activities that drive sales away from Amazon and to other retail platforms instead?
5) Are there particular online channels vendors are having more or less success on than others?
We invite you to share your experiences and discuss any issues and pain points. This is a facilitated discussion with other vetted, Amazon vendors. We request that all participants be active Amazon vendors.