Interested in increasing traffic to your brand and creating brand awareness? Amazon Stores (or “branded stores,” as they are informally known) are a great way to promote and showcase your brand and products. Best of all, they are relatively simple to create–and free.
“Building an Amazon Store helps drive shopper engagement, with a curated destination for customers to not only shop your products but also learn more about your brand,” said Amazon during the launch press release in July 2017.
The benefits of Amazon Stores
- Increase brand awareness. Introduce your brand to new customers, showcase your full product portfolio, or highlight a new product to existing customers. For brands with multiple product categories and lots of detail, they can break down the range and content into multiple pages (up to three levels).
- Drive incremental traffic. Get your own Amazon.com web address specific to your brand and drive traffic to this page. Share the url externally via social media or email marketing or boost internal traffic through sponsored brands. Customers can help increase visibility using the built-in social features like sharing buttons.
- Increase conversion. Brand stores allow videos, lifestyle imagery and rich content, enabling the brand to educate the customer and bring the product to life. They are responsive on tablet and mobile.
- Increase sales. By increasing traffic and conversion, this will help boost sales. Also, brands can increase the customer basket size by highlighting a variety of products from their range, customers that were interesting in buying the one item might be tempted into buying multiple products from the brand.
- Data insights. Amazon Stores provide a useful dashboard for users called Insights. The Insights area gives you valuable information on traffic sources and sales metrics for your store. Understand how your store performs and where the traffic has come from to make future business decisions. Metrics available include: Views, daily visitors, units sold, and views per visitor.
- Low cost. Amazon Stores are easy to design and require little investment. They are self-service and require no coding or special skills to build. They are created using drag-and-drop layouts and templates.
How to create an Amazon Store
Amazon Stores are available to any brand currently registered in the Amazon Brand Registry.
If you’re a vendor, just login to Amazon Marketing Services and select the “Stores” tab to begin creating your own storefront. If you’re a seller, the dashboard is available in Seller Central. Customize your store with unique layouts in a variety of design templates. Think about how to best present your brand.
Pages support images, rich media, and text. You may need to invest resources in brand imagery, design, etc. depending on how fancy you want your Amazon Store to look. Brands have options to handpick product listings or use dynamic widgets to auto-populate different product displays based on individual shopper insights such as keyword search, bestsellers, and/or recommendation history. These widgets automatically update your store pages when you add or edit listings.
In the Store manager area, there are four sections.
Page Manager: Create, select, move and delete your pages from your Amazon Store.
Preview: Gives you a live view of current pages and allows you to easily select a tile to edit with Tile Manager.
Tile Manager: Edit each tile. Add, edit, move, and delete tiles.
Status Bar: Details the current status of the moderated page and shows any error messages or issues.
When creating your Amazon Store, you can choose from 3 templates for a look that meets your brand’s needs:
Displays a curated product selection. Include images, text, and customer quotes.
A simple layout that displays your products
Flexible and expansive template for brands who have a lot of visual content, information, and want to display products.
Making your Amazon Store the best it can be
Before submitting your Amazon Store, ensure it is accurate, complete, and finished. It will take several days for approval.
- Once your draft submitted for moderation, you cannot edit it. Spelling, punctuation, grammar, and information should all be double-checked before submitting. As with product details, ensure the copy reads well and is not keyword-stuffed.
- Designed elements and images (especially with text on them) should be high resolution and previewed on desktop and mobile.
- Do not neglect mobile users as a traffic source. Preview your Store on mobile and make sure it is optimized for mobile visitors.
- After submitting, promote your store using Headline Search, link off detail pages, use your unique URL in marketing outside of Amazon, and use on social media to drive traffic to your brand.
Need more branded store help?
Putting together an Amazon Store can benefit your brand by driving traffic, showcasing product, and ultimately increasing sales on Amazon. You may need extra help to make sure you are covering all of your bases and optimizing your brand store for maximum effect. The experts at Vendor Society/eCommerce Nurse can help you create the perfect Amazon Store tailored to your brand with images, copy, and details that meet Amazon’s specific criteria. Contact us for more information.
For an example of an Amazon Store created by us, see our success with Portland Pet Food Company.